Monday, August 20, 2012

Beautiful Blogger Award

 Forgive my blogging absence. I have been much to busy "doing" (and learning) to write about it. At the request of a special friend, Jess Proctor of fruitfulpursuits, I will be making a concerted effort to give unsolicited advice in the form of this blog. Resuming my keyboard duties has nothing to do with Jess nominating me for the "Beautiful Blogger" award. (Well, maybe a little...Thank you, Jess!)

undefined

Anyway, here's how this works.
  1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and post in your post
  2. Thank you the person who nominated you (but wouldn't you do that anyway ;) )
  3. Tell us 7 things about yourself
  4. Nominate 7 other bloggers and comment on their blog to let them know
So, I'll tell you a little about myself (more like 7 excuses why my life is not suitable for blogging):


Uh, exploding sour dough

1) I like a schedule, a list, a plan. My husband likes to fly by the seat of his pants. The only thing I don't like to plan is pregnancies. 2) Of which, I have had three, resulting in three beautiful sons, ages 17 years, 4 years, and 18 months. 3) One son inherited my love of lists and dreaming, one inherited my nose, teeth and giggle, and the little one inherited my love of sausage. 4) I have spent some long nights helping my husband stuff sausage casings. We like to do everything ourselves, but there are limits. I've recently taken to turning sausage into meatballs and smoking them. So far, this is superior to sausage in entrails.



 
5) One task not worth doing? Baking bread. Not too bad if you use a store bought bag of flour and yeast , but crazy me needs to grind the wheat and sour the dough. That sucks, but not as bad as growing the wheat, harvesting the wheat with a scythe, then sprouting the wheat. Now I don't have to do the post on Essene Bread. The birds wouldn't even eat it. Furthermore, we have given up bread.
Inedible homemade bread
6) I really, really, really would like to do a blog called "What I Learned on Dr. Oz Today." It would be filled with pseudo-science, demonstrations that have a weak analogy to the physiology being explained, and a heavy reliance on products, products, products. But who has the time to watch Dr. Oz everyday? 7) I created an exercise routine to "The Young and the Restless." It was pretty awesome. I based it on Doug MacGuff's Body By Science. I haven't worked out since before the 4th of July.

Now, for Bloggers I find Beautiful? It would have to be the ladies I have looked to for information and guidance repeatedly. Thanks to this silly internet world for bringing these women (and their enormous, beautiful minds) to me!

Liz  @ Cave Girl Eats

Diane @ Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Education

Emily Dean@ Evolutionary Psychiatry

Amy @  Homestead Revival

Kendra @ New Life On A Homestead

Sheri, Leana, Grace, Jill, Brie, and Erin @ Polyface Hen House (that's one, right?)

Lindsay @ Passionate Homemaking



No comments:

Post a Comment